Emergency Operation Theatre is maintained on a regular basis to ensure that it is usable at all times. Free telephone is available at the entrance of Casualty for patients and their attendants.
Out Patient Departments:
The OPD timings are from 9.00 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Except Sundays & Holidays) and Registration of patient is up to 02.00pm. Every Out Patient seeking treatment at the hospital is registered and issued a Card for recording symptoms, diagnosis and treatment being provided. Boards indicating unit on duty on various days are displayed at receptions and in the main hall of OPD. Separate counters are available for senior citizen & physically challenged people.
All patients admitted in General Wards of the Hospital are treated free of cost. Diet is provided to patients in the General Wards on no profit no loss basis. Every patient is given one attendant pass. Visitors are allowed only at notified visiting hours:
|Morning: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM||Morning: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Evening: 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM||Evening: 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM|
Charges for various tests are displayed at the place where the tests are conducted. Investigations like Ultra Sound, Specialised Radiological Tests, ECHO, TMT etc. are charged at reasonable rates. For poor patients, these charges can be waived partially or fully on the recommendation of the treating doctor and by the Medical Superintendent. A Staff Nurse is on duty round the clock in the ward. Admitted patients/ attendants should contact the Staff Nurse for any medical assistance they need.
Emergency Lab 24 hours all days
For Routine Investigations:
|Week Days:||Saturday:||Sunday and Holidays:|
|9.00 AM to 4.00 PM||9.00 AM to 1.00 PM||closed|
|Week Days:||Saturday:||Sunday and Holidays:|
|9.00 AM to 1.00 PM||9.00 AM to 11.00 AM||closed|
Radiology X-Ray Ultrasound facilities are available and ICU, PICU/NICU are also available. Reliability and promptness of laboratory results is ensured as tests are done by automatic machines. Reports are made available within the shortest possible time which will be specified.
A licensed Blood Bank will be made in the hospital, which will caters to the requirements of our patients. The Blood Bank will also be the testing centre for HIV.
- • The Hospital has a Civil and Electrical maintenance division of CPWD and a hospital workshop Units for maintenance of buildings and its various equipment’s.If any major or essential equipment is out of order, information regarding the same is displayed. Indications of alternate arrangements are given wherever possible. The likely date of commissioning of the equipment is also displayed.
- • Wheel Chairs and stretchers are available on request at the gate of OPD & Casualty for the facility of patients who are not in a position to walk. Lifts are available for access to higher floors.
- • Ambulances are available for hospital patients on payment, round the clock on all days (Phone Number 7800007704). One Mortuary Van is available from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. (Phone Number 7800007704)
- • There is standby generator to cater to emergency services in case of breakdown of electricity.
- • Public Telephone Booths are available at various locations in the hospitals.
- • Adequate drinking water and toilet facilities are available.
- • Extension counter of the Canteen functions round the clock near the Emergency Department Rates are subsidized.
- • A chemist shop is located in the hospital premises which is open 24 hours on all days.
Complaints and Grievances:
There will be occasions when our services will not be upto your expectations. Please do not hesitate to register your complaint. It will only help us serve you better. There is a designated Medical Officer whose name and location is displayed in the hospital for attending to all grievances.
Every grievance will be duly acknowledged. We aim to settle your genuine complaints within 10 working days of its receipt.
Suggestions/Complaint boxes are also provided at various locations in the Hospital. If we cannot, we will explain the reasons and the time we will take to resolve.
The hospital grievances committee meets on the first Monday of every month.
Responsibilities of the User:
The success of this charter depends on the support we receive from our users. Please try to appreciate the various constraints under which the hospital is functioning. On an average, 700 patients attend the OPD daily and about 50 patients are attended to daily in the Casualty and Emergency Ward.
Please consider the convenience of other patients. Please help us in keeping the hospital and its surroundings neat and clean. Please refrain from demanding undue favours from the staff and officials. Please use the facilities of this hospital with care. Beware of Touts.
Naraina Medical College & Research Centre has adopted a Citizen Charter:
This charter seeks to provide a framework which enables our user to know: What services are available in this hospital, the quality of services they are entitled to, the means through which complaints regarding denial or poor quality of service will be redressed.
Salient Features of the adopted Citizen Charter:
Standards of Services:
It provides medical care to all patients who come to the hospital. Standards are influenced by patient load and availability of resources, which are generally under strain. Yet we insure that all our users receive courteous and prompt attention.
This Hospital has
Doctors: 156 approx. (including Resident doctors)
Nurses: 200 approx.(including supervisors)
Location Guide Map is available near the main entrance of the old building of this hospital. Smaller Sketch Maps are available at the Information Desk. Colour coded guidelines and directional sign boards are fixed at strategic points for guidance. Inquiry counters exist in the OPD Hall and Nursing Home during OPD hours. A control room functions round the clock in Emergency. The control room can also be accessed over phone number: 07800007703/4.
Casualty and Emergency Services:
- • Casualty Medical Officer and Resident doctors are available 24 hours all days.
- • Duty Doctor is available round the clock in Major specialties viz. Medicine, Surgery, Orthopaedics, OBG and Paediatrics.
- • Duty Doctor is available on call in Anaesthesia, Eye, ENT, Psychiatry and Radiology.
- • Specialists in Medicine and Surgery are available round the clock.
In other specialties, they will be available on call. The decision to call a specialist is that of the treating doctor. Failure to respond to a call is regularly monitored by the Head of the concerned department. Emergency cases are attended to promptly.
In serious cases, treatment /management gets priority over paper work like registration and medico legal requirements. The decision rests with the treating doctor.