General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)
The Nurse on completion of this course will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in providing health care to individual,sick or well, using nursing process
Apply knowledge from humanities,biological and behavioral sciences in functioning as a nurse.
Function effectively with members of the health team and community applying the knowledge of human relations and communication skills in her work.
Participate as member of the health team in delivery of curative preventive,promotive and rehabilitative health care services.
Mobilise community resources and their involvement in working with the communities.
Demonstrate use of ethical values in their personal and professional life.
Demonstrate interest in activities of professional organizations.
Recognize the need for continuing education for professional development.
Demonstrate basic skills in teaching patients and giving nursing care to them.
Demonstrate basic skills in administration and leadership while working with other members of health team and community.
Assist in research activities.
- Assess the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- Plan and carry out appropiate action to meet nursing needs.
- Provide effective nursing care for maintaining best possible level of health in all aspects.
- Promote self care in people under their care.
- Apply problem solving techniques in nursing practice.
- Evaluate effectiveness of nursing care.
Course Duration: 3 Years 6 Months
- Minimum & maximum age between 17 to 35 years.
- 10+2 Class passed or its equivalent preferably with science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology/Math) Subjects with aggregate of 40% Marks.
- Student shall be medically fit.
Selection of students is made on Merit based on written test & interviews.