Bachelor of Science Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing)
It is a four years full time regular course.
About The Course
A 4-year program offered at Naraina Nursing College (NNC), recognize by Indian Nursing Council (INC)& UP State of Medical Faculty, that prepares the student to practice across all health care settings. The course of study combines the theory and the practice of nursing, with general education in the humanities and behavioral, biological, and physical science. These serve as a core for the development of the nursing major.
The B.Sc. Nursing program offers students experience in major settings where health care is delivered. As a B.Sc. Nursing graduate, you have the greatest opportunity for advancement. A B.Sc. Nursing is required for entry into a Master's Degree in nursing program that prepares you for leadership, management and more independent roles, such as clinical nurse specialist, nurse practitioner, educator and researcher. A B.Sc. Nursing is preferred and often required for military nursing, case management, public health nursing, verseas/development nursing, forensic nursing and school nursing.
Nursing training is a combination of theory and practice. During the period of training nursing students are given practical instruction by senior ward staff. Their work is organized an supervised by nurse-tutors. They also attend lectures by specialists in various fields of medicine and some days may be totally devoted to study and lectures on various aspects of medicine and nursing. During the training period nurses are moved around all hospital departments. Gradually they are entrusted with more responsibility sot hat the transition from training to taking full responsibility seems quite natural.
- Minimum & maximum age should be 17 years to 35 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The Candidates should have passed Intermediate (10+2) pattern with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English or Equivalent examination (10+2) pattern with aggregate of 50% marks.
- Candidate should be medically fit.
- Prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as nurse specialists, consultants, educators, administrators in a wide variety of professional settings
- To demonstrates competency in the knowledge and skills in providing comprehensive nursing care based on problem solving approach in the hospital and community.
- To demonstrates competency in the skills and techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles from selected areas of physical, biological and behavioural sciences.
- The student is professionally competent to be a member of health team in meeting the promotive, preventive and restorative health needs of the society.
- The student is capable to demonstrate skills in teaching, management, interpersonal relations and communication.
- To demonstrates leadership qualities and decision-making abilities to function effectively in various situations.
- The student is aware of moral and ethical values and practices them in personal and professional life.
- The student recognizes the need for continued learning for their personal and professional development.
- Utilize/apply the concepts, theories and principles of nursing science.
- Demonstrate advance competence in practice of nursing.
- Practice as nurse specialist.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and function effectively as nurse educators and manager.
- Demonstrate skill in conducting nursing research, interpreting and utilizing the findings from health related research.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and in the health care delivery system.
- Establish collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines.
- Demonstrate interest in continued learning for personal and professional advancement.
- Provide high standards of education by adopting holistic approach.
- Provide education based on scientific principles state of the art technology and expertise at optimum cost ensuring value of money.
- Carryout continuous up gradation of technology and human resource development activities in congenial and safe environment.
- Promote health, prevent illness, do early diagnosis, provide early treatment, enable to refer cases and help in rehabilitation.
- Develop knowledge, skills, attitude and aptitude in giving comprehensive care to the clients who manifest physical, social and mental conditions.
- Demonstrate competence in nursing skills, techniques and participates, cooperates and co ordinates as a member of health team in promotion, prevention and restoration of health.
- Develop a sense of commitment. Develop skills in teaching formally and informally in the class room setting, in clinical area and in the community field.
- Demonstrate managerial skills and communication skills.
- Develops and demonstrate benevolent leadership qualities of integrity, responsibility, and understanding and take right decisions in various situations.
- Practice ethical values in personal and professional life.