Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM Nursing)
Aim of the Program
- Prepare nurses with a sound educational programme in nursing to enable them to function as efficient members of the health team.
- Help Nurses develop an ability to co-operate and co-ordinate with members of the health team in the prevention of disease, promotion of health and rehabilitation of the sick.
- Serve as a base for further professional education and specialization in nursing.
- Understanding Health Care.
- Understanding the Basic Symptoms of ailments.
- Understanding the preventive measures to be taken.
- Tackle emergency situation and handle the patients effectively.
- Assist the Doctors and Nurses in emergency.
- Prepare the patients to undergo necessary treatments.
- Be selfless for the cause of Medical Care and attention.
- Educate common people about misconceptions and approach then with proven facts and figures.
Objectives of the Program
- To help in understanding the principles of healthful living related to all age groups in the community.
- To help society deal in basic health care activities in community and Institutional settings.
- Importance of Nutrition and health education activities in the home, clinic and community.
- Explain & understand basic material and child health care including immunization services, family health care, and family planning services.
- Develop skills in first-aid and emergency nursing care, elementary medical care including treatment of minor ailments.
- Lead & motivate as a responsible member of the health team.
- To understand and develop Community resources which could be utilized for health promotion, health maintenance, and prevention of disease.
- Develop training module for the training of community/village level health worker.
- Promote community development activities.
- Education people and self and environmental sanitation.
- To perform basic health care activities in assigned role.
- Planning and also to carry them out about health and nutrition for mother and child.
- Provide immunization services, family health care and family planning services.
- Work towards societal development, prevent communicable diseases and keep a health environment.
Naraina Nursing College offers 2 year quality training programme: of A.N.M. Training course which is approved by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi (Govt. of India) and affiliated to U.P. State Medical Faculty.
Roles and Responsibilities
Health is a fundamental human right. Maintenance of optimum level of health entails individual as well as social responsibility. However health can never be adequately protected by health services without active involvement of the community.
Indian Nursing Council (INC) believes that ANM plays a vital role in the rural health care delivery system. She should be sensitive and accountable to meet the health needs of the community. She should be able to provide accessible, equitable, affordable and quality health care. ANM can act as a catalyst for promoting inter-Sectoral convergence in promotive and preventive health care
ANM Curriculum intends to prepare skilled and effective female health workers to achieve the goals of National Rural Health Mission which aims at bringing about dramatic improvement in the health system and health status Of the country. ANM in community health skills to practice health care at a defined level of proficiency in accordance with local conditions and to meet local needs. Further, the programme fits into the general educational pattern as well as nursing education system.
- Minimum & maximum age should be 17 years to 30 years.
- The Candidates should have passed Intermediate (10+2) pattern or its equivalent recognized by UP/CBSE/ICSE Boards.
- Students shall be medically fit.